Sunday, August 22, 2010

Misery

Andrew Carnegie is a confusing writer. Seldom is he interesting. I'm trying my best to keep up with him, but how can I possibly keep track of a guy who can barely write a straight sentence like "and then I went home". 

Also, my stomach hurts something awful. :P 

And I still haven't gotten my new Yugi-oh book that is waiting for me at the store. *whimper* That's the worst of it yet!!!

But today, I am bumming it like there is no tomorrow, even though the coming of tomorrow is inevitable and desirable. My plan for tomorrow is to read, read, READ. My list: Andrew (as much as I can without dying), Sister Carrie (another schoolwork book), Bloodhound (sequel to Terrier ((did you know there was one, Eagle?))), and Yugi-oh. Which will consume most of my day. *sigh* 

So today all I've been doing is reading, and playing Kingdom Hearts on my DS. And I can't get past this one level so I'll never know the end of the story!!! 

Yet another thing to add to my woe. 

Last night I went to bed around 1am and woke up in the middle of the night, and when I went back to sleep I swear upon my Yugi-oh books that I blinked and woke up at 7am. Gar...

Today in church we learned about the disciple Thomas, and how he was the factual one of the disciples. He needed the facts and needed to see with his own eyes. To be honest *rubs back of neck* I sorta zoned and forgot half the sermon. I was waiting for the point the pastor was going to make and I think I missed it. Ah, well. I remember a passage saying 'Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believed'. I will always think that line is very cool.

But you know what irks me? The bashing of peers. In school, in Sunday school, anywhere, you are constantly told 'Beware of peer pressure' and today I just wanted to snap. My Sunday school teacher (not my real one, a substitute *hrrr*) is always saying "And you'll be bound to be pressured by your friend, right?"

Pardon me, my fellow human, but I beg to differ. My friends are loyal, and understanding of where I stand and how I feel about certain subjects. It's not like they'd pressure me into drinking or stuff like that. I just got so bristled at her that I barely contained my anger at bursting. I wanted to shout:

"Stop bashing my friends!!! I hate the prejudice against my own peers!" 

It seems to me that adults think whenever you have a peer, they'd pressure you into doing stuff you don't want to do. Now I have no doubt that in the future I'll be pressured, but NOT BY MY FRIENDS. Goodness. 

So instead of shouting I rose my hand and said this with an icy glare.

"My friends know where I stand and wouldn't pressure me to do that."

That was about all I could say without completely sounding like a ignorant brat. *phew* Now that THAT'S outta my system. 

I'm still one the way to completing the Card Dueling rules. All I have to do is write what each and every card does. Fun... I mean seriously people. Imagine coming up with 52 different cards! But that's what I did because I have too much time on my hands. But that's also why I have the Garden Gnome of Death somewhere among the high cards. I WAS BORED.

-Icewolf

Ps: Bleah, for the umpteenth time, could you please tell me how I could get a signature?  

8 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Yup, I know there's a sequel . . . and I really want to read it! Terrier was so good. :D

You're right about the whole "peer pressure" thing. Sure, some people will pressure you--but certainly not all.

Sofia said...

Wait... Are these by Tamora Pierce? Bloodhound and Terrier? Is Terrier first? (If these the ones by Tamora Pierce, I would like to know ;D )

I know what you mean about the whole waking up early thing. I fell asleep about midnight or so, blinked awake at three, then at six woke up to the annoying BEEP of my dad's alarm clock. *sigh* It went on for twenty minutes because I don't know how to turn it off, my mom and sister are on a trip, and my dad was in the shower. GRRRRR. So it turned off at 6:20... and I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I started reading my book, and then got bored of that, and came down here to the computer, where I am typing this out at 7:29 in the morning.

Fun.

The reading doesn't sound too bad... except for the school work. But at least it isn't Jack London. We had to read one of his short stories in class, and it was SO boring. And I think I have to read a whole BOOK by him this year. *sigh*

~SofieRose

Icewolf said...

Eagle: So far it is pretty good.

SofieRose: Yup, they are by her. And Andrew Carnegie just sucks big time. He's hard to read.

Sofia said...

YAY! More Tamora Pierce I haven't gotten around to reading! I read the rest of her Tortall books in kind of a weird order...

Daine 1
Kel 1
Kel 2
Kel 3
Daine 2
Daine 3
Daine 4
Allana 1
Allana 2
Allana 3
Allana 4
Alianne 1
Alianne 2

I think my fave is Daine 1 though, because I've read it two or three times...

Anyways, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I love Tamora Pierce's series... Have either of you read the Circlet of Magic ones? I haven't and I want to know if they are good.

Who is Andrew Carnegie? I don't think I've heard of him before... I bet he doesn't suck as much as Jack London though... He is truly horrible to read. LOL, when my friend and I were cleaning out her bookshelves--I raided the give-away pile, and came away with a good stack of books, one of which is The Warrior Heir, which I'm thinking of reading once I've finished The Sight (such a good book, its by David Clement-Davies which I think I kind of an unfortunate name... But thats not the point. You should read it) along with several other books, which includes numbers one and two from the Looking Glass Wars... (I've started #1 but I put it down for a while because the beginning was boring, and keep meaning to pick up again...)

Now this comment is just getting rambley, so... I'm going to end it. LOL.

~SofieRose

Sofia said...

Hehe. I never finished that sentence so I'll finish it...

When my friend and I were cleaning out her bookshelves, we came across the book White Fang by Jack London, which her teachers made her read, she found it ridiculous that they made them read the one know one has heard about... Apparently it was terribly boring though...

Now before I turn rambley once
again, I will end this comment right now.

Icewolf said...

I read The Sight and it is up among my favorite books. It was so FANTASTIC. The ending was so sad though. Did you know there was a sequel called 'Fell'? I read it and even though it didn't really follow what the main idea of The Sight was it was still a great sequel to it.

Sofia said...

There's a sequel? That's awesome! I'm only on part one, I think chapter three-- but those are LONG chapters! I really like it so far, but I find that Fell (the wolf not the book lol) really bugs me, he's just so... Annoying...) I really want to read Fire Bringer... Have you read it, and if so is it good?

~SofieRose

Icewolf said...

No, I haven't read that. And trust me, Fell gets so much more epic. Like totally and wickedly EPIC. He's my definition of 'dark epicness'. What is Fire Bringer about?