Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patrick's Day is indeed Christan

Yes, it truly is. I did a little research, and as it turns out Saint Patrick was a Christan. *collective gasps* Here's the site if you want more: http://wilstar.com/holidays/patrick.htm. But the reason I bring this up is because no one dares to mention the meaning behind some holidays anymore. There are holidays out there that have a Christan background behind it, but people have covered and coated it with what we have come up with to celebrate this.

Christmas: birth of Jesus.
       -We cover it with gifts and "happy holidays" *please note that these things are okay as long as you acknowledge what the holiday is for*

Valentines Day: Saint Valentine was a priest
       - covered with flowers, hearts, and cupids.

St. Patrick's Day: see above
      -covered with green objects of various types

Easter: Jesus died and rose again (amen!)
     -disgusting marshmallow sugar-covered chicks (aka Peeps), eggs, and spring time

Others that don't have anything to do with Christianity: New Year's, Fourth of July, Halloween, Boxing Day, Pi Day.

Just think about it. Let's take a step, and say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". We can be proud of our religion. Why can we talk about Buddhism and Muslim, but not the religion that's impacted humanity for more than 2010 years?

That's my thought for today. Do not hate me for who I am. ;D Icewolf out!

4 comments:

Jaquelyn Mace said...

Awesome thought! AMEN!

Jaquelyn Mace said...

(I am NOT going against you other religions guys! No freaken way! EVERYONE should have an opinion and I respect that. Such as, I am a Latter Day Saint. We are ALL different with different views so PLEASE don't think I am trying to degrade anyone's religion!)

Icewolf said...

people are entitled to opinions. thanks jayden. btw, the story your friend wrote was great, tell them to get more typed ASAP!

Jaquelyn Mace said...

I definetely will!! Lol! She's very creative!