· 1 meal a week/day (for older teens, you can give up lunch for one day a week or once a day)
· Fast food from 6pm till breakfast the next morning (that means no snacks, just drink water)
· Fast gaming devices (Wii, iTouch, gameboy, etc), junk food (chips, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, prepared foods)
· Fast words (this is a cool one); don’t speak for a certain time period each day (if you go to school, you can’t choose those hours, lol!). My suggestion would be to not speak from 5 or 6pm until the next morning.
· Fast books; many of you are readers and love your fiction; a good way to focus on prayer and healing for Emily would be to give up reading fictional books (not including books you’re required to read for school) for 1 month. Read the Bible and pray for Emily instead.
· Talk with your parents and discuss what you should fast. They might be able to come up with other creative ideas. If you’re under the age of 18 make sure that you talk with your parents before you begin to fast anything; they need to give you permission.
· If you’re over 18 or already done growing, pray about taking on the challenge of a full fast (no food at all; just fruit juice and nutritional liquids) for 1 month.
Me? I'm going to not each lunch every Wednesday and instead pray for Emily. It sounds harsh. See Squeaks' post about it here.